Talking about eco-sociological aspects, the textiles industry is in particular focus. We have a great responsibility which we fulfil with comprehensive measures and self-reflective behaviour.
The topics of ecology and social responsibly are not just a passing corporate marketing trend for our family-run company but have been an integral part of our corporate image since our founding over 50 years ago. At that time this topic was not yet called sustainability but was simply called humanity. This is a fundamental attitude which we have retained and will allow us to tell right from wrong in the future.
STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
Those who claim to create high quality products must be well informed about each individual raw material which the end product is comprised of and must subject these products to regular quality checks against defined quality specifications. From thread to buttons to the sown in woven label. We bear this responsibility not just for the environment but also for our customers who wear our shirts and blouses against their skin. All Kümmel garments are certified in accordance with STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
Wir kennen unsere Lieferanten seit vielen Jahren und legen in der gesamten Produktentstehungskette größten Wert auf die Einhaltung der ILO Standards. Hiervon überzeugen wir uns bei Qualitätskontrollen auch regelmäßig vor Ort.
dress for school bekennt sich zu den Prinzipien des Global Compact der Vereinten Nationen und unterstützt diesen.
THE TEN PRINCIPLES OF THE UN GLOBAL COMPACT
- 01. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- 02. make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- 03. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- 04. the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- 05. the effective abolition of child labour; and
- 06. the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- 07. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- 08. undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- 09. encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- 10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.